Uptown Marion | July 22, 2014 |
Uptown Marion, an Iowa Main Street District in partnership with Main Street Iowa, and the Iowa Economic Development Authority is pleased to announce the acceptance of applications for the latest round of Main Street Iowa Challenge Grants.
In 2013, Uptown Marion was awarded its first Challenge Grant for the lower level of the Memorial Hall project located at 760 11th Street. This $75,000 grant is helping to restore the lower level storefront façade and lower level interior space, which is currently underway.
This year’s Challenge Grant program details include the following:
- Each designated Main Street Iowa program may submit only one application
- Proposed projects must be located in the locally designated Main Street district
- Grant awards will be $15,000-$75,000
- Grant requires a dollar for dollar match
- 24 month contract period
- Eligible projects could include: Interior and/or exterior rehabilitation of privately held properties, rehabilitation of historically significant public buildings, infill construction or physical improvements to multiple buildings
Uptown Marion is now accepting proposals for projects to be considered on a full application. Interested parties should provide the following information no later than Friday, August 8th:
- Description of the proposed project and the proposed improvements (500 words or less)
- Estimated total cost of the proposed improvements
- Current Use of Property / Anticipated Use of Property should grant funds be awarded
Following the August 8th deadline, the Uptown Marion Design Committee will make a recommendation to the Uptown Marion Board for final project selection. A full application is then due to Main Street Iowa for funding consideration by September 5, 2014. Uptown Marion will partner with the selected applicant to complete a full application.
Additional questions can be directed to: